Barron’s is seeking a digital editor to join a newsroom that is aggressively expanding the ways it tells stories across the online world.
We are looking for an innovative mind who understands the new ways readers are consuming news, as well as the journalistic and technological reasons that help stories thrive on various platforms. This editor will help lead a top-notch team responsible for the creation of engaging and visually rich journalism across our homepage, mobile app, and distribution channels such as Instagram and Google Web stories. This journalist will work directly and collaboratively with editorial, design, photography, video, product, and audience teams to produce smart, visually driven content with a goal of growing our readership and influence.
The editor will report to the digital managing editor and will assign, direct, and help oversee the day-to-day work of two other journalists—a graphics editor and a digital producer—while ensuring quality and ethical standards in a fast-paced news environment.
- Strong editorial judgment and attention to detail and accuracy in your reporting and editing.
- A proven record of growing audiences across a variety of platforms and mediums using analytics tools such as Adobe Analytics and other relevant software and platforms.
- Experience managing a team responsible for multiple projects and delivering results to key stakeholders.
- Ability to work collaboratively across many teams and disciplines.
- Proficiency with programs such as Photoshop, Illustrator, or relevant tools a plus.
- Awareness of current design and visual trends in web, mobile and social.
- Familiarity with business news and financial markets.
Applicants should send a resume, cover letter, and portfolio of their work.
To apply, go here.