Baltimore Biz Journal seeks a special projects editor
The Baltimore Business Journal is looking for a Special Projects Editor to round out our editing team. This is the perfect job for a reporter with a couple of years of experience who is looking to move into the editing ranks while still retaining a strong foothold in reporting and writing.
The Special Projects Editor leads special publications that align with the editorial calendar. The ideal candidate is adept at planning and executing special sections and publications, assigning, editing and writing news and trend stories and other content, and recruiting and managing a stable of strong freelancers. The Associate Editor also works with other departments to ensure the excellence and integrity of awards publications, events, and other cross-departmental activities. The ideal candidate also will contribute to the BBJ’s daily news cycle by covering general assignment news and writing and editing breaking news stories.
• Conceive, assign, edit and produce special publications and special sections.
• Conceive, assign, edit and produce business executive profiles and other regular features.
• Source and coordinate with freelancers to produce Business Journal stories and other content.
• Report, write curate, format and repurpose content for digital.
• Edit and proof stories and other content for clarity, context, accuracy, spelling, grammar and consistency.
• Contribute to the publication’s social media presence.
• As needed, edit and write news items throughout the day for the Business Journal’s digital platforms.
• Assist Editors in managing awards publications, including outreach to judges and awardees.
• Regularly participate in and attend Business Journal-sponsored events.
• Solid editor and reporter
• Able to get and stay organization
• Able to manage several projects at once
• Creative planner
• Stickler for detail
• Familiarity with AP Style
• Able and driven to collaborate
• Social media acumen required
• Ability to collaborate a must
• Minimum of 1-2 years reporting and/or editing experience in print or online
• Experience managing editorial projects
To apply, send a resume and cover letter to Editor in Chief Joanna Sullivan, firstname.lastname@example.org