The Argus Observer has a full-time reporter position available for our Independent-Enterprise coverage. This position covers all things in Payette County, Idaho, including municipalities, school boards, lifestyle and human interest stories, as well as other general assignment and special edition stories throughout the Western Treasure Valley.
The successful candidate:
- Will have a journalism or related degree (we will consider candidates with equivalent experience)
- A minimum of two years professional reporting experience
- The ability to report a story (with photos) in a compelling and factual way with accuracy a priority.
- Social media and digital experience are key to being successful in our expanding communication avenues.
- InDesign and Photoshop skills are a plus!
Qualified applicants should submit:
- A cover letter
- Application and a digital portfolio or sample of at least three clips
The Argus Observer is situated on the border of western Idaho and eastern Oregon with offices in Ontario, the gateway to Oregon. The publication is part of the Wick Communications family and offers a competitive benefits package. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
For further details click here.