American Banker seeks a Federal Reserve reporter
We are seeking a reporter to cover the Federal Reserve Board and housing finance policy for the Washington D.C.-area bureau of American Banker, the preeminent news publication serving the financial services industry. The ideal candidate will have a solid understanding of the Fed and other bank regulatory agencies. Essential skills include the ability to break news as well as write longer analytical and feature stories on the most important political and policy developments affecting the financial sector.
- Develop ongoing beat coverage in the financial policy sphere
- Cultivate sources among government officials and financial policy experts and generate story ideas about regulation of the banking sector
- Report and break news on tight deadlines
- Research and write numerous articles per week, including forward-looking analytical takes and breaking news briefs.
- Collaborate with the Washington bureau chief, other editors and other reporters on the policy team.
Competitive candidates will have the following attributes:
- A passion for news, ideally with demonstrated experience covering Washington.
- Ability to write with clarity, insight, and depth in a timely manner
- A track record of working well under tight deadlines
- A sharp eye for what makes a compelling news story
- A strong understanding of how to generate scoops
- Proficiency in the tools of a digital newsroom, including a content management system (CMS).
- A degree in journalism or a related field is a plus
To apply, go here.