ALM Media seeks a copy editor in Philadelphia
You will be copy-editing and publishing to the web a variety of news stories from ALM brands across the country.
You will primarily handle articles for Delaware Law Weekly and Delaware Business Court Insider, as well as frequently edit for Corporate Counsel, The American Lawyer and others. We need someone who can be part of a fast-paced, digital-first newsroom that requires stories to be edited and posted to our websites quickly and error-free. You will also aid in signing off on the print versions of The Legal Intelligencer (daily) and DLW (weekly).
You will manage various “People in the News” pages by formatting press releases for daily and weekly Pennsylvania and Delaware publications. You should also be comfortable writing brief news articles, obits and other items as needed. Additionally, you will aid in compiling press releases for the weekly Mid-Market Report.
About the Team:
As part of ALM’s global newsroom, the copy-editing team is focused on delivering news, insights and analysis for the legal industry’s top firms and legal professionals. Our close-knit team works together to edit everything from daily news items to longer magazine pieces. We are committed to quality journalism and publishing clean copy efficiently.
- Must be fast and efficient in copy-editing at least 7-10 news articles per day.
- Must work as a team with a national group of copy editors to ensure content for all publications is edited in a timely manner.
- Must thrive in a fast-paced environment and have the ability to juggle online and print deadlines for multiple publications.
- Must have a strong understanding of AP style.
- Must be able to quickly grasp legal terms and concepts if not already familiar.
- Must have a positive, can-do attitude.
- Must have excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Must edit with attention to detail and be enthusiastic about putting out the best-quality online and print product.
- Must have degree in Journalism, Communications, English or similar major, or relevant real-world experience.
- New grads are encouraged to apply.