Ad Age is seeking an ambitious and forward-thinking associate editor to help guide our technology and media coverage. In the role, you would be writing, editing and reporting on everything from the evolution of streaming TV, the rise of the metaverse and the intersection of social platforms and commerce. The editor would work with an ambitious team of technology and media reporters to help direct coverage and set the agenda as the ad world undergoes a massive shift led by these new forms of innovation.
The ideal candidate is a team player with seven or more years of technology or relevant writing and editing experience, the ability to juggle stories while also helping to devise an editorial strategy that embraces fresh thinking, explore new storytelling formats, and collaborate across the newsroom.
- Deliver a steady cadence of in-depth articles on the evolution of advertising for the streaming TV landscape and how digital innovation is impacting the ad world.
- Edit a mix of daily web posts and longer feature stories and help maintain workflow.
- Help drive audience growth by analyzing data to optimize articles and assess coverage opportunities.
- Stand up new forms of storytelling, including newsletters, video and podcasts, among others.
- Help lead Ad Age’s award-winning Super Bowl coverage.
- Bachelor’s degree
- At least seven combined years of work in a professional newsroom.
- Excellent news judgment, strong reporting skills and the ability to produce longer-form articles on a regular basis.
- A clear understanding on how social platforms, influencers and the metaverse are shaping advertising.
- The ability to lead a team of reporters while simultaneously remaining deeply connected to the tech and media industries.
- Experience analyzing subscriber data and audience engagement.
- Comfortable with and some background being on stage and on camera.
- The ability to work quickly with minimum supervision.
- An enthusiastic self-starter who is also an ally to others on team.
- Experience working for advertising and marketing trade publications or working as tech reporter for a general interest publication. Alternatively, a track record producing strong articles on technology as either a freelancer or staff reporter.
- A deep contact list in advertising industry.
- Experience and comfort moderating panel discussions and being onstage in front of large groups.
- The ability to understand and interpret complex technical documents.
- Familiarity with building a newsletter and using a CMS.
- Interest in developing public speaking skills.
- Background using social media to promote the team’s stories.
To apply, go here.