ACBJ seeks a digital editor in Charlotte
The National Content Team of American City Business Journals is looking for a Digital Editor to join our staff in Charlotte, N.C.
The Digital Editor is responsible for engaging with news coverage at multiple levels of The Business Journals’ National Content Team. In addition to curating the strongest, most representative coverage from our 43 newsrooms into daily products that engage a national audience, the Digital Editor will produce national-level news stories, assist local newsrooms in their coverage, and supporting the operation of our Digital Cities publications in New York, Chicago and Los Angeles.
• Engage with daily content from ACBJ’s 43 newsrooms, to ensure the National News Desk is up-to-date on coverage happening across the company and country.
• Ensure the national bizjournals.com website reflects the most important business news from our 43 newsrooms.
• Create the national American Business Daily newsletter.
• Work with the company’s news partners to provide content to local-market newsrooms upon request.
• Monitor national news to ensure The Business Journals are covering the most important breaking business news of the day.
• Provide reporting, writing and editing support for the Digital Cities newsrooms in New York, Chicago and L.A.
• Report, write and produce content from a national level to serve the needs of all 43 local-market newsrooms.
• Additional news and story assignments as dictated by newsroom and National News Desk needs.
• A background in reporting and digital media. Business journalism experience a plus.
• A solid understanding of news writing, story structure and journalistic ethics.
• Able to curate content to meet the needs of a particular audience, and to edit and/or re-edit stories appropriately for that audience.
• Able to use a broad set of tools to tell stories and engage an audience.
• A desire to take ownership of and responsibility for various platforms and products.
• A willingness to collaborate as part of a team.
• Able to handle multiple assignments simultaneously
2-3 years of reporting
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
To apply, email a resume, cover letter and links to best clips to Beth Hunt, director of editorial recruiting and development, American City Business Journals, firstname.lastname@example.org