Barbara Boyer of the Philadelphia Inquirer reports Thursday that well-known real estate developer Donald Trump plans to appeal a judge’s ruling that dropped his libel lawsuit against New York Times business journalist Timothy O’Brien, who wrote in a book that Trump was worth much less than the billions he claimed.
Boyer writes, “William Tambussi, one of Trump’s attorneys, said the appeal would argue that the judge incorrectly concluded there was no malice. The matter should be put before a jury, Tambussi said.
“The appeal also may address the anonymous sources that O’Brien used. O’Brien protected the identity of the sources when he turned over redacted notes and some taped interviews, as he was required to do by law. Other taped interviews had been destroyed.
“Last month, O’Brien, now a business editor at the Times, said he was gratified that the judge’s ruling ‘vindicated’ his reporting. He referred all other questions to his attorneys.”
Read more here.