The cream of the crop
The Daily Beast has a slide show Monday of the top “economic and business commentators” in the United States.
Here is the list, with some of the comments:
15. Felix Salmon from Reuters. “Most statistically dexterous journalist.”
14. Alan Abelson from Barron’s. “Astute and unvarnished.”
13. Barry Ritholtz from The Big Picture.
12. Holman Jenkins Jr. from The Wall Street Journal.
10. Charles Gasparino from Fox Business Network. “Best business reporter on TV.”
9. Caroline Baum from Bloomberg News.
8. Gretchen Morgenson from the New York Times.
7. James B. Stewart from SmartMoney. “Most levelheaded and dependable.”
6. Michael Lewis from Vanity Fair.
5. David Leonhardt from the New York Times. “agenda-setter.”
4. David Wessel from The Wall Street Journal.
3. Paul Krugman from the New York Times.
2. Martin Wolf from The Financial Times. “Professorial” and “magesterial.”
1. James Grant from Grant’s Interest Rate Observer.