How biz news sites added, lost readers in past year
Below you will find the charts from comScore Multi-platform Report US showing the top 15 business and financial news websites for March 2015 and March 2014 in terms of unique viewers for each of those months.
A few takeaways:
1. Yahoo Finance has lost more than 20 million unique viewers year over year;
2. Business Insider has gained nearly 20 million unique viewers year over year. It has also risen from No. 5 to No. 2 in the rankings;
3. Forbes Digital has gained about 6 million unique viewers in the past year;
4. The Dow Jones & Co. sites have lost unique viewers and fallen from No. 2 to No. 4. This might explain the redesign of The Wall Street Journal’s website earlier this week;
5. The International Business Times website has jumped from No. 8 to No. 5 in the category.
6. CNBC has risen from No. 10 to No. 8 in the rankings in the past year and gained 9 million unique viewers;
7. Fortune.com, which launched almost a year ago, is now the No. 11 site in the category.
|Business/Finance – News/Research||156,074|
|2||Dow Jones & Company||32,935|
|4||AOL Money & Finance||24,367|
|Business/Finance – News/Research||163,776|
|4||Dow Jones & Company||30,701|
|6||AOL Money & Finance||25,086|