etf.com is looking for a Managing Editor to join our growing editorial team. The goal of this role is to edit and manage daily copy flow for ETF.com and support editorial team members plan and produce various forms of content for publication.
The managing editor reports directly to the Editor-in-Chief and will help guide the team during a period of anticipated growth. The position will oversee all daily operations of a growing newsroom, including tracking and editing daily articles from the writing staff, running daily meetings, and handling communications between departments. The role will also help guide, shape and create editorial projects and strategic initiatives and help improve the quality of editorial copy and all work done on etf.com platforms.
The ideal candidate will have a strong writing/editorial/journalistic background and a proven track record of editing high-quality, timely and relevant content in a fast-paced newsroom.
- Coordinate with writers to track, edit and publish daily editorial flow
- Lead morning editorial news calls
- Contribute to the production process of all content as needed (videos, newsletters, podcasts, etc.)
- Develop best practices to optimize the editing process
- Use SEO and data tools to track and optimize story performance and headlines
- Manage strategic projects and initiatives
- 7-plus years of editorial experience, including management level
- Deep understanding of the ETF industry strongly preferred
- Excellent organizational and time-management skills
- Ability to handle and prioritize multiple projects and adjust to project goals
- Experience optimizing content for SEO & tagging stories
To apply, go here.