The Center for Public Integrity has joined more than 60 organizations, which represent journalists across the U.S., in calling on the Pulitzer Prizes to make participation in an annual diversity survey a criteria of eligibility for awards.
The group consists of professional journalism associations, labor unions, publishers, and includes:
- National Association of Black Journalists
- National Association of Hispanic Journalists
- Asian American Journalists Association
- Society of Professional Journalists
- Institute for Nonprofit News
- The NewsGuild-CWA
- Writers Guild of America, East
The involved groups asked the following to be added:
“In order to qualify for an award, organizations must provide proof of participation in the most recent general survey/census by the News Leaders Association or another industry reporting system that shares data publicly, effective 2024 (i.e., they must participate in this year’s data collection to be eligible for awards/funding in 2024).”
Read more here.