WERT Prize for business journalism by woman seeking entries
The WERT Prize honors excellence in business journalism by a woman for work that fosters a greater understanding of global business. It was established in 2018 and is generously funded by a bequest from The Women’s Economic Round Table, founded in 1978 by Dr. Amelia Augustus and Maria Rolfe, and support of the Muriel F. Siebert Foundation and the global consulting firm McKinsey & Company.
The winner receives $2,000 for work published in English on any platform – print, radio, broadcast or digital – between January 1, 2021 and June 30, 2022.
The 2022 prize will be announced in October.
ENTRY FEE: $50 per nomination. Entry fees are non-refundable.
MATERIALS NEEDED TO ENTER:
- One to five pieces of business reporting. Materials may be uploaded as PDFs or as links.
- Transcripts for radio and video entries.
- A brief cover letter that describes why you are submitting the work and that includes a short biography of the nominee.
Please keep in mind:
- A single article or a series of articles may be submitted. A series must be designated as such by the news organization when it is published. A regular column may also be submitted as a series.
- If submitting a series, up to five articles can be included.
- Self-nominations are accepted.
- Books, films and individual works not affiliated with a mass media organization are not eligible.
- All entries must have appeared between January 1, 2021 and June 30, 2022.
DEADLINE: Friday, July 15, 2022 at 11:59 p.m. EST
QUESTIONS? Please email Amy Singer, deputy director, Knight-Bagehot Fellowship, at email@example.com.