WSJ seeks SEO editor
The Wall Street Journal is looking for a dynamic and experienced SEO editor with superb news judgment and a strong understanding of SEO and search data to join our Newsroom SEO team. You will play an essential part in shaping our content strategy, helping to identify content gaps and trending topics and improving the visibility of our award-winning journalism in search.
You will be a key player in the growth and development of the SEO team at The Wall Street Journal, working with bureaus across the organization. A strong command of newsroom workflows and proficiency with digital publishing tools are crucial for success.
You will report to the Senior SEO Editor. While you will likely start the job working remotely, you will eventually be based in our New York office.
- Work closely with WSJ’s editorial team to drive audience growth and increased engagement through SEO.
- Work with our Technical and Newsroom SEO teams to distill performance data into strategic insights for the newsroom
- Use keyword research and SEO best practices to work directly with editors and reporters on content optimization
- Contribute to an SEO Calendar with topics, content ideas, and other strategic notes
- Monitor the performance of articles using real-time analytics tools and make strategic SEO decisions based on that data and real-time Google Rankings
- At least 2-4 years of experience in growing SEO organically within a newsroom environment.
- Ability to perform keyword and trend research to identify what keywords and topics to target, as well as make this accessible for editorial teams
- Expert ability to optimize content using SEO tools such as Google Trends and other SERP tools including top stories and organic search.
- Proven experience in developing and contributing to search-oriented content strategy.
- Familiarity with the Journal’s brand, content offerings, and various digital/print platforms.
- Good working knowledge of Adobe Analytics (Omniture) and Google Search Console.
To apply, please submit your resume and a cover letter explaining how you would approach the job.
To apply, go here.