WSJ seeks graphics editor
The Wall Street Journal is hiring a graphics editor to join an award-winning team of visual journalists to drive innovative storytelling with graphics and multimedia.
As editor, your core focus will be on the Journal Reports section but will also contribute to visual journalism in other coverage areas. You will also be directing, pitching, and creating visual stories for all platforms.
- Work with reporters and editors to shape ideas into visual story opportunities
- Direct, assign, and support two graphics reporters
- Review visual pitches
- Pitch and create enterprise and breaking news visuals
- Support the growth of the visual department
- A minimum of three years of experience in a newsroom, ideally 4-6 years
- Excellent visual skills, including demonstrable design knowledge
- Demonstrable experience in guiding ambitious projects successfully
This job reports to the visual editor.