The Chinese online version of The Wall Street Journal is offering a full-time position of web editor in its Beijing newsroom. This person will be a crucial and direct channel between WSJ and its Chinese audience.
He/ She will edit content for CWSJ website, Professional Information Business products and help on managing several very influential social media accounts. Applicants should hold a bachelor or master degree in English, journalism, finance or economics. Previous working experience in journalism or financial news editing is a must.
- Operate CWSJ’s website, update the homepage in time with translated stories, write accurate and attractive headlines and summaries.
- Proofread stories, translate short stories and multimedia content including slideshows and video subtitles.
- Participate in CWSJ’s Professional Information Business projects.
- Help on compiling user-generated contents on all platforms, both social media and website.
- Help on managing CWSJ’s social media accounts including Weibo, WeChat, Facebook, and Twitter.
- The person should have a comprehensive knowledge of financial, markets and business news with a good understanding of readers’ interest.
- Excellent English comprehension skills and command of written and spoken Chinese.
- A self-motivator that is organized and expert at prioritization.
- An effective team player who can deliver professionalism even under stress scenarios.
- A perfectionist who is willing to go the extra mile to rule out the most invisible errors and imperfections.
To apply, go here.