WSJ seeks audio producer
The Wall Street Journal is looking for a New York-based audio producer to join the Journal’s podcasting team.
- Lead and support production of podcasts in studio and on location
- Manage multiple projects in various stages of production
- Research topics of interest to The Wall Street Journal’s audience, with a focus on business, markets, economics, technology and science
- Source timely news and archival audio
- Record studio and field interviews
- Cut tape and edit full episodes
- Coordinate with the live journalism team to plan tapings at conferences and events
- Book interview guests, as well as plan and execute remote interviews
- Partner with news reporters and editors to share their reporting in audio form
- Propose new and original ideas for programming
- Fact-check and help ensure that we meet all journalistic and legal standards
- Chip in when needed to work late hours and weekends, both as part of a regular weekend rotation and as news developments may warrant
A minimum experience of three years is required.