WSJ seeks audience development editor
The Wall Street Journal is seeking a highly skilled journalist responsible for creating and implementing social media and audience building strategies for the publication’s core areas, and taking the Journal onto new, emerging platforms.
The ideal candidate should be a journalist who has social media expertise as well as basic knowledge of analytics and SEO, digital publishing best practices, and the ability to work with a team to develop new and innovative methods to grow the Journal’s readership.
The candidate should be confident executing innovative editorial projects while tracking key metrics to tailor their implementation.
This editor will also be responsible for training editors and reporters on social media tools for reporting, source building and social storytelling, SEO/search best practices, and basic data analytics. S/he will be fully integrated with the realtime news desk to monitor and report on breaking news and should have demonstrated expertise in a fast-paced newsroom.
• College degree and/or equivalent work experience
• 3-5 years experience working in a breaking news newsroom
• 3 years professional experience with multiple social platforms
• Strong writing and demonstrated reporting skills
• Entrepreneurial spirit and ability to see through new projects in a team environment
• Ability to track audience data in order to shape strategy and share findings in easy-to-digest manner
• Ability to multitask and execute multiple projects daily
• Proven team player who thrives in a fast-paced environment
• Flexible schedule — potential to work Wednesday-Sunday, running social accounts on the weekend with the realtime desk.
To apply, go here.