WSJ seeks an executive producer
The Wall Street Journal is seeking an executive producer to lead its news and analysis unit within the global video team. Top candidates for this position will demonstrate excellent editorial, production and team-management skills. Although you will be the key manager in this unit, this is a hands-on role and we are seeking a strong editorial leader with a track record of producing timely news and analysis coverage that stands out in the 24/7 information cycle.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Proposing new and original ideas for timely news and analysis on a daily basis
- Managing a small team of video journalists and graphics editors to produce quick-turn news and analysis videos of interest to The Wall Street Journal audience
- Collaborating with editorial leaders in all coverage areas to ensure that The Journal’s deep reporting and expert analysis is reflected in every video
- Coaching video producers, beat reporters and news editors to appear on camera or in voiceover
- Working with video journalists to hone story angles and strengthen scripts
- Researching, writing and producing coverage, as necessary
- Providing clear and productive notes on scripts and videos in edit
- Ensuring that all journalistic and legal standards are followed at all times
- Developing consistent video formats for timely news and analysis that can be replicated by production teams in our other global offices
- Ability to work late hours and weekends as news developments may warrant
- Completing additional duties as assigned
Key candidate requirements:
- At least eight years’ experience working in a daily news environment
- Demonstrated experience producing compelling business, tech and political news videos under tight deadline constraints
- Specific understanding of content and audience differentiation on various platforms including O&O, YouTube, Snapchat, Instagram, LinkedIn and Facebook
- Clear communicator with exceptional written and collaboration skills
All interested candidates should submit a cover letter clearly outlining how their skills and experience meet or exceed the key candidate requirements, along with links to five videos that represent the type of work described.
To apply, go here.