WSJ seeks a senior video producer
The Wall Street Journal is looking for a senior video producer to produce, report and contribute to the production of timely videos ranging from 90 seconds to seven minutes in length, balancing planned stories and breaking news coverage.
You bring a professional background in video journalism and experience producing stories across a wide range of content formats and subject matter. Those in the role are constantly up to date on the news of the day and are able to bring this expertise to our audience quickly by collaborating with other WSJ reporters and editors across a variety of coverage areas and bureaus. In some cases you will appear on camera as a reporter presenting video reports. In other cases you will serve as a producer leading video journalists to produce newsworthy video journalism.
Deadline pressure is a constant in our newsroom, so an ability to react quickly is essential, as is the ability to add depth and context to a story while bringing challenging topics to life visually. Please note, this is not an entry-level position and it is not a position producing documentaries. Candidates with previous experience working for national broadcast and digital news organizations, and those with financial journalism backgrounds, will be given priority.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Researching and producing timely news coverage and topical analysis on a daily basis and as news events warrant
- Partnering with reporters and editors across the newsroom to identify and produce video news pieces that are distinctive and of interest to the WSJ audience
- Ensuring that the Journal’s deep reporting and expert analysis is reflected in every video
- Collaborating with video journalists, shooters, video editors and executive producers to develop quality video content efficiently and, often, under tight deadline constraints
- Coaching beat reporters and news editors remotely to appear on camera or in voiceover
- Ensuring that all journalistic and legal standards are followed at all times
- Ability to work late hours and weekends both as part of a regular weekend rotation and as news developments may warrant
- Completing additional duties as assigned
With your resume and cover letter, please submit links to videos that align with this role.
To apply, go here.