The Wall Street Journal is seeking a national political writer with a lively voice, a sharp eye for color and detail and a breadth of knowledge about how Washington really works. This person will roam from the campaign trail to Capitol Hill and the White House, taking us inside the rooms where crucial decisions are made and inside the minds of key decisionmakers and voters.
- Write deeply-reported features and column-style unique and distinctive analysis pieces, and could also write or contribute to newsletters and live coverage during major political events.
- Require a deep enthusiasm for politics and a desire to bring to a broad audience a lively file that will reveal and demystify what is happening in the corridors of power is essential.
- Be prepared to work in a collegial way with the WSJ expanded political team
- A broad and deep source network in the political world
- The ability to uncover scoops and write sharp analytical and enterprise pieces
- A distinctive but fair voice to the subject matter
To apply, please submit a cover letter and five samples of your work.
To apply, go here.