USA Today seeks a reporter to cover economic opportunity
USA Today is seeking a reporter for its Money & Consumer tech team to cover economic opportunity. This reporter will cover wealth gaps, workforce and workplace issues as they relate to race and identity, corporate diversity, entrepreneurship and obstacles to, and opportunities for wealth enhancement.
The successful candidate will cover issues including pay disparities, housing affordability, how race, gender and identity factor into getting ahead at work, obtaining personal and business loans and other keys to overcoming economic insecurity and building wealth. Additional topics covered may include how artificial intelligence, automation, fintech and other developing technologies either create opportunities or barriers to success.
This role aligns with our Economy coverage and is aimed increasing our coverage of diverse communities. Location is flexible.
How to apply:
Please make sure to include your resume, a cover letter explaining your approach to the job and links to your work, together as a single document upload.
• Bachelor’s in Communications, Journalism, Digital Media or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
• At least three years of experience working in a news organization
• Strong knowledge of AP grammar and style.
• Is comfortable using social media to report and promote stories.
• Understands media law, reporting ethics and sourcing.
• Collaborates well with others.
To apply, go here.