Join a team that is reshaping the narrative of Black Chicago through journalism, creative storytelling, events and outreach that elevates the voices and perspectives of the community.
As we continue to grow our editorial team at The TRiiBE, we’re in search of a Social Media Coordinator who is committed to community journalism that serves Black Chicago communities. We’re committed to creating high-quality and original multimedia content that visually tells stories about the people and communities we cover.
The Social Media Coordinator will work closely with our team of reporters and editors to produce a range of compelling stories, spanning news, sports and features, across our social media channels. The Social Media Coordinator’s primary responsibilities will include planning, producing, publishing and monitoring social media.
The Social Media Coordinator should be deeply familiar with key social platforms, including Instagram, TikTok, YouTube, Twitter and Facebook. Ultimately, this role is about executing a successful strategy for social media publishing that informs and meets our readers wherever they engage with news.
The ideal candidate is a proactive team player who knows how to work on deadline, is willing to learn and has an understanding of underserved Black communities in Chicago, and the frayed relationship between them and journalism. They will have newsroom experience, the highest ethical standards, a healthy competitive spirit, and a passion for growth and innovation in an ever-evolving digital media landscape.
This position is based in Chicago and employs a hybrid work model: the team works in-office on Mondays and Wednesdays from 9:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., and remotely on Tuesdays, Thursdays and Fridays from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- Populate social accounts on a 24/7 schedule
- Write smart, engaging headlines and captions to maximize clickthrough and engagement on all stories
- Pitch stories to editorial staff
- Coordinate responsive advertising spends on various social channels
- Identify the posts that are performing or will perform for the audience
- Act as eyes and ears on social platforms, alerting the newsroom to breaking news
- Coordinate the creation of platform-specific content with our Editorial teams, including text, photo, video, and interactive
- Translate content so that it appeals to the different user experiences and consumption habits across different social networks
- Work cooperatively as a team member under tight deadlines
- 2+ years of experience in journalism and social media
- Must have experience working in a newsroom
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal; good headline writing
- An understanding of what breaking news is
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with tight deadlines
- Familiarity with content management systems such as WordPress, Sprout or Hootsuite, photo editing software — SEO and web analytics tools a plus
- Willingness to work overtime, weekday nights and on weekends
- Friendly and outgoing personality
Salary: $50,000 – $58,000.
APPLY TODAY | Interested applicants should send an email with a resume and published clips to email@example.com. Please include 3 professional references and contact information for them. Also, tell us your favorite Instagram post from us, and why.
For further information click here.