REPORTER (multiple positions)
The Shreveport-Bossier Advocate – part of the largest news organization in Louisiana — is seeking reporters who are comfortable covering a wide range of daily news and feature stories while pursuing larger enterprise pieces in a competitive digital media market. We’re looking for journalists who will thrive in a startup environment and are excited about telling stories that are important to the Shreveport-Bossier City community.
Reporters will work as part of a team of 10 journalists to launch and produce a new, daily digital news product – including a website, daily newsletters, an app and social media platforms.
We are seeking multiple reporters to cover several different beats, including local government, criminal justice, business and healthcare.
- Develop story ideas based on leads or as assigned by editors
- Write stories using proper grammar and following AP style guidelines
- Rework pieces as requested by editors and update pieces as needed for ongoing or developing stories
- Create relationships with members of the community and government agencies to develop sources
- Quickly post stories online as appropriate and develop them further as needed.
- Use social media tools to develop, distribute and enhance stories.
- Help plan and execute the presentation of stories in a way that maximizes digital impact
- Regularly review metrics on story performance and develop story ideas based on top-performing content
- Meet all deadlines for projects as requested by editors
Job Skills & Qualifications:
- Ability to work nights, weekends and holidays
- A focus on producing accurate and factual stories
- Experience as a news reporter or news intern
- Proficiency with digital publishing tools, including a web CMS and email newsletter publishing
For further information click here.