The Information is hiring a reporter to lead a new daily newsletter about artificial intelligence—the technology, the business, the regulation and the impact.
This is a high-profile, fast-paced job for a scoopy reporter who wants to seize a massive opportunity. This reporter will cover how AI is transforming industries, from Hollywood to cybersecurity to software development, creating big winners and losers in the process.
He or she will also dive into how AI is changing the balance of power in tech, leading this reporter to break news and source up on some of the world’s most important companies including Google, Microsoft and Meta, as well as a wide range of startups.
Our AI newsletter reporter must be able to break and synthesize news quickly, working alongside The Information’s award-winning reporting and editing team.
The Information has a strong track record of building must-read franchises ahead of the curve, including the Creator Economy, Weekend, The Electric and more.
This role is based in the Bay Area. Some New York based candidates may also be considered.
- Break news about VC deals, including funds, performance, and leadership
- Write in-depth profiles of the most important people and trends
- Contribute to editorial products such as org charts
- Keep and cultivate relationships with trusted sources
- At least one year of business reporting experience
- A track record of original reporting in business, technology or politics
- Ability to cultivate sources and develop a beat
- Familiarity with major developments in tech and finance over the last three years
- Bachelor’s degree
- The ability to work out of The Information’s San Francisco office. Willing to provide a relocation stipend for the right candidate.
To apply, go here.