The Colorado Times Recorder is looking for writers
The Colorado Times Recorder based in northern Colorado, is looking fore writers to cover political developments and events–anywhere from one to four stories per month, mostly 500 to 1,000 words but longer if the topic requires it.
ABOUT THE COMPANY
The Colorado Times Recorder was launched in 2016 to help fill the information gap created by the declining number of news outlets and reporters in Colorado. We also cover our state’s congressional delegation in Washington DC. We aim to be fair and accurate. Our work is nonpartisan, with a progressive orientation, which means we emphasize coverage of Colorado stories that advance or illuminate the progressive values of freedom, justice, responsibility, opportunity, and equality.
WHAT TO INCLUDE IN SUBMISSION
- Write a cover letter explaining how you meet the requirements for the job
- Attach a one-paragraph summary of your relevant experience, credentials and publication credits
- Include your strongest clips or links to published work
- Be sure to include a resume detailing your writing experience.
- $250 for 500 to 1000 words, depending on the story. 500 to 1,000 words but longer if the topic requires it.
For more information, visit their website.
Please email all questions and submissions to Jazon Salzman, Editor and Founder of The Colorado Times Recorder at: jason@