WATN is seeking a full-time editor to join the team. Strong candidates understand how news video exists on three screens (television, internet, mobile). And are prepared to edit on all three. Qualified candidates must be ready and able to quickly create high-quality content and the content must be ready for air and/or digital use in a timely manner.
- Creative storytelling of the highest journalist standards.
- Filing a variety of video elements including voice overs, packages, and basic graphics. Ability to multi-task, handling editing assignments, capturing feeds, and receiving story content from field crews while constantly monitoring quality control.
- Control Room Operations
- A successful candidate is innovative, with solid news judgement.
- Critical thinking skills who thrive in a high demand breaking news sharing content within the family of TEGNA television stations
- Working alongside other news staff members, the ideal candidate will also be responsible for responding quickly to breaking news and managing.
- This person works well under pressure, can perform in stressful content produced by others, including feeds from the field Vo’s, Sot’s situations and has excellent multi-tasking capabilities. and some package editing.
- Qualified candidates have strong video and photo-editing skills – Coordinate live streams and live recordings from the field, web, or studio.
- And the ability to work a flexible schedule when needed.
- Be an ethical journalist.
- Prior newsroom experience is a plus.
- Excellent communication and time management skills
- Self-starter who can also work well as a member of a team.
- Deadline-driven and able to multitask/perform well in a fast-paced Environment.
For further details click here.