Tech Times seeks reporters
TechTimes.com is looking for technology reporters to join its fast growing team.
The reporter will be a key contributor to the site, specifically working with an editor to develop, pitch and write daily consumer tech content for the technology vertical of this technology/science website. A passion for consumer technology, excellent reporting skills and social media best practices are a must.
The ideal candidate must possess the ability to work independently under tight deadlines, as well as collaborating as part of a team.
He/she must have expertise in consumer electronics from gadgets and engineering, to reviews, analysis and entertainment technology coupled with solid news judgment and the ability to use social media as a source for content as well as a tool for audience engagement. Automotive technology experience a plus.
– Idea generation and excellent research skills
– Solid understanding of trending/viral consumer technology topics with “a finger on the pulse of the Internet”
– Expertise in use of social networks, online forums, SEO, etc. to draw and engage readers
– Excellent communication and multimedia skills to form interesting, compelling and unique/original stories using images, gifs, video, headlines and other publishing elements
– Prolific writer and a creative storyteller
– Proven track record of writing news, interviews, features, or scoops on consumer technology-related topics with viral potential (especially smartphones, tablets and wearable technology)
– At least 2 years online reporting experience for a consumer technology publication (NO VIDEO GAMES REPORTING)
This position is based in New York.
Apply to firstname.lastname@example.org with resume, cover letter, and links to relevant clips of your work. In Subject line, write ‘YOUR NAME – Application for TECHNOLOGY Reporter Position’