The Star Tribune is looking for an experienced, versatile, self-starting Business reporter to cover medical technology and manufacturing in Minnesota. This is a dynamic and exciting beat, which includes covering 3M, med-tech innovation and a thriving manufacturing industry that accounts for more than 300,000 employees and more than 14% of total output in the state.
We’re seeking a skilled reporter with a demonstrated commitment to coverage that represents and speaks to the breadth of Minnesota’s diversity. You must have strong news judgment, the ability to write with accuracy and balance, and be comfortable working with data and financial statements. You also must have a strong understanding of news platforms, both online and print, and an ability to work collegially with others in our department and across the newsroom.
- Skilled and comfortable on all social media platforms, and constantly thinking of the best ways to reach our audience with your stories.
- An excellent writer, able to tackle several complex stories or issues at the same time.
- Willing to collaborate and share ideas with other reporters on your team and across the newsroom.
- Adept at posting quickly to the website and eager to embrace emerging digital story forms, such as newsletters, that help engage new readers.
- A sense of humor, resilience and respect.
To apply, please upload a resume and letter detailing why you are the best person for the job at www.Startribunecompany.com/jobs.
Some top benefits include: a new downtown office with gym access to Capella Tower Health Club in the building and access to rooftop amenities in warm months; commuter benefits; competitive medical and dental insurance; paid time off; 401(k) matching; tuition assistance; and unlimited digital access to Star Tribune. In addition, Star Tribune has partnerships with many organizations that offer our employees a variety of discounts!
To apply, go here.