S&P Global seeks tech reporter in Arlington
With more than 250 reporters and editors across five continents, our reporters have the opportunity to work with people from a wide variety of backgrounds and are able to develop a close team dynamic with coworkers from around the globe. This team includes a veteran editorial staff dedicated to producing in-depth reporting and analysis in all of our sectors, in line with the highest standards of journalistic excellence.
The Impact: Your content reaches an influential readership that includes the major players at media and entertainment conglomerates, pay TV and broadband providers, online video outfits, top hardware and software companies, as well as leading global financial institutions. Utilizing our massive database, with comprehensive analytics of the market, regulatory and corporate data that impacts our sectors, your data-focused articles will dive deep into the trends underpinning the technology, media and telecommunications industries.
What’s in it for you:
- Learn about market dynamics and gain greater understanding of covered sector
- Career path that provides growth within sector
- Cross-team and global collaboration
- Cover beat every single day
- Cover the hardware side of the tech industry, including chipmakers, electronic equipment manufacturers and hardware providers for major communications service providers such as Qualcomm, NVIDIA and Intel.
- Follow sector trends and produce in-depth analysis of topics relevant to the sector such as mobile infrastructure, cloud computing, Internet of Things, cybersecurity, device shipment, and data centers
- Provide earnings coverage for major players
- Convert technical jargon into easy to understand language
- Integrate related data and analysis and partner with research analysts to uncover emerging industry trends
- Collaborate with colleagues across teams and countries
- Develop relationships with existing sources and build a network of contacts
What We’re Looking For:
- Knowledge of the information technology industry, especially the chip sector, a big advantage
- 3-5 years of professional journalism experiences
- Ability to write quickly and clearly under deadline pressure
- Ability to generate exclusives, breaking news as well as informative feature stories
- Command of journalistic standard methodology (AP style, libel issues, etc.)
- Strong analytical skills
- Bachelors degree in journalism, communications or equivalent experience
To apply, go here.