Slate seeks a staff writer
Slate is looking for a full-time staff writer who will have the knack for finding new stories and unexplored angles on familiar but important subjects.
The ideal candidate will have excellent news sense, good judgment, bottomless energy, and impressive reporting and storytelling skills.
- Regularly start conversations in your coverage area
- Report both quick-turnaround stories and longer features
- Write intelligently and incisively about the events of the day
- Collaborate with a team of writers and editors across the magazine
- At least five years’ experience working as a writer
- Top-notch organizational and communication skills
- A deep well of story ideas
- A sharp, creative mind and pen
- Smartness, kindness, humor, and generosity, all of which will help you work well with smart, kind, funny, generous colleagues
To apply, please send your résumé and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include “staff writer” in your subject line.