WLUK-TV Green Bay has an immediate opening for a News Writer/Video Editor. Your first step into a career of content creation for broadcast and digital media. This is an opportunity to build a career path in the exciting field of broadcast and digital journalism. The News Writer/Video Editor is a multi-faceted job that allows the successful candidate to write news copy and edit video images for use in our broadcast newscasts and online for our website and social media platforms.
Job responsibilities include:
- Editing video for daily news coverage on multiple platforms
- Taking in news feeds from news bureaus and various news organizations
- Collaborating with anchors, reporters, and producers on video elements of newscasts
- Writing news content for multiple platforms
- Meeting daily deadlines in a high-energy working environment
Requirements and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Journalism/Communication/English/Political Science is preferred; or an Associate Degree with a strong interest in writing and journalism
- Knowledge of Avid or other non-linear editing technology is a definite plus, however ample paid training is provided
- Ability to work with a multitude of people and personalities while maintaining a professional work environment
For further details click here.