Seattle Times seeks multiplatform copy editor
The Seattle Times is seeking a multiplatform copy editor to join the Pulitzer Prize-winning newsroom.
- Copy editing stories for web and print publication and helping produce digital news alerts and email newsletters.
- Writing Web headlines with SEO in mind and print headlines that expand on them.
- Evaluating, selecting and posting wire stories (business, national or world).
- Working collaboratively with various teams at The Seattle Times, on web and print production.
- Maintaining a consistent high-quality product with sharp grammar and unfailing accuracy.
- Continuously working to improve the efficiency and speed of the copy-editing process and the cultural inclusivity of the newspaper.
- At least three years of editing at a daily metro newspaper
- College degree, or equivalent combination of education and/or professional experience.
- Strong editing skills, as demonstrated by performance on an editing test
- Strong news judgment
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work under deadline pressure
- Track record of inclusive journalism practices
- Adeptness with newsletters / social media: ability to engage with readers on multiple platforms
- Familiarity with WordPress is a plus