The Post Bulletin in Rochester, Minnesota, seeks a talented and purpose-driven reporter to cover its public safety beat. This premier position produces the highest readership of any beat in our newsroom. It involves coverage of local law enforcement and the judicial system.
We have transformed this beat in recent years from having a traditional focus on the day-to-day activities of law enforcement to having more of an investigative focus on the application of criminal justice in our community – including its purpose and effect. This position represents an opportunity for an ambitious reporter to further their career in a challenging and rewarding assignment, in a supportive newsroom environment.
- Investigate and report on matters related to public safety, local law enforcement, and the judicial system
- Develop in-depth, thought-provoking stories that delve into the application of criminal justice in the community, its impact, and its significance
- Engage with sources and the community to build a network of contacts and gather information
- Produce content that adheres to the highest journalistic standards and ethics
- A bachelor’s degree in journalism or a related field
- A minimum of three years of professional reporting experience, with a strong portfolio of published work
- Excellent communication and writing skills
- Strong organizational abilities and attention to detail
- A level-headed demeanor, capable of handling challenging and sensitive topics
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and meet deadlines
For more details click here.