RichmondBizSense seeks senior business reporter
Richmond BizSense, a thriving daily business news website in Richmond, Va., is hunting for a senior reporter who can build a beat and grow into our lead reporter and eventual assistant editor.
The ideal candidate will have:
– At least 4 years of business reporting experience, including and a knack for working sources and a lively writing style
– Natural curiosity about what makes business and business people tick. Our reporters never stop sniffing around: every cab ride or haircut is a chance to meet a source and dig up a scoop
– A fiercely competitive streak and strong work ethic. We take extra pleasure in scooping the daily paper in our market
– Industry-leading salary (our business is growing at more than 25% a year) and we’re looking to lure an experienced reporter to Richmond. We have given all our reporters at least 10% raises every single year
– IRA with company match
– More time off than any other newspaper (two weeks vacation and a paid week’s office from Christmas to New Year’s)
– The chance to do serious, hard news reporting in a digital-only environment
To apply, send a resume, cover letter and 3 work samples to email@example.com. Please note we cannot respond to every applicant.