Reuters is seeking a sophisticated forex market expert, an exceptional journalist or analyst and a dynamic, energetic leader to take command of our flagship short-form markets analysis product, Reuters FX Buzz.
The successful candidate will oversee the global team of analysts and editors that drive Reuters’ core, around-the-clock coverage and analysis of currencies and macroeconomic trends.
The editor will have three main responsibilities: writing and editing Buzz items that can range from insight on intra-day hedging flows in the Eurodollar market to agenda-setting analysis on the economic cycle; driving the continued growth and innovation of the Buzz product, ensuring it remains essential reading for participants in the fast-changing global foreign exchange market; and working closely with a wide range of partners and stakeholders throughout the organization, including colleagues in Reuters News, IFR Markets and the FX business.
The role requires someone who can help craft and then execute the strategic needs of the product while always being ready to jump into the thick of fast-moving, real-time markets coverage. The successful candidate will also help guide the development of the Buzz brand in other asset classes, such as equities and energy markets.
- At least 10 years experience in a similar team leadership role
- Solid background writing/editing on market and economic trends
- Adept at creating clear charts and visualizations to highlight market trends and anomalies
- Strong contacts on buy-side and sell-side desks
- Experience in Thomson Reuters products, especially Eikon and Datastream, a bonus
- Works well with team, peers and business colleagues
To apply, go here.