Reuters is seeking a Washington-based reporter to join its U.S. economics unit, reinforcing a team gearing up to chronicle the emergence of the U.S. economy from the COVID-19 pandemic.
This is an excellent opportunity to cover the world’s biggest economy as the Biden administration promises to make the coming boom a more equitable one for racial and ethnic minorities, women and lower-income workers and their families. The Fed has reshaped how it pursues its policy goals with an aspiration to guide the economy to an “inclusive” level of maximum employment. Essentially, a grand experiment is just kicking off that aims to reshape the economy in a profound and lasting manner.
About the Role
In this opportunity as US Economics Reporter you will:
- Work with the team’s editor and other reporters to tell the story of the changing US economy in depth and with distinction
- Handle a demanding spot news component, including coverage of a range of economic indicators and assisting Federal Reserve reporters with coverage of policymakers’ speeches and other key events
You’re a fit for the role of US Economics Reporter if you:
- Have at least 1 year of financial news reporting experience
- Have strong financial market knowledge, familiarity with the U.S. economy and the policies – both monetary and fiscal – that influence its performance
- Can generate high-quality, innovative ideas and then deliver high-impact stories
- Have previously covered the economics or major financial markets or corporations
- Are familiar with multiple story-telling platforms including photos, video, text and social media
To apply, go here.