Reuters Breakingviews seeks columnist
The world’s leading provider of real-time financial commentary is seeking a New York-based columnist who can think creatively about markets, banks and deals.
It’s an opportunity to tackle some of the biggest stories and subjects in global finance. The ideal candidate comes with a skeptic’s eye, a writer’s touch and a zeal for starting conversations with fresh ideas. We are looking for someone with the curiosity and passion to pick apart merger mania, the flood of IPOs, record debt issuance, the wild ride anticipated when the Fed starts raising interest rates and the mega-banks on Wall Street behind it all.
Building on a reputation for accuracy, clarity and sophisticated insight at Reuters Breakingviews, the columnist will have access to senior executives, bankers, investors and policymakers; razor-sharp analytical skills; and an ability to explain complex concepts to an international audience.
The role involves:
– Writing strong, original views on corporate finance, markets and financial institutions, both responding rapidly to breaking news and setting the agenda
– Developing contacts with senior executives, bankers, investors and policymakers
– Working closely with other Breakingviews columnists in New York and the rest of the world to explore ideas and views with broader appeal
– Presenting ideas in fresh and interesting ways, such as developing our popular range of interactive calculators and graphics
– Promoting Breakingviews by participating in conferences, appearing on television/radio and creating a robust social media presence.
To apply, go here.