Reuters Breakingviews seeks a production editor in London
The world’s leading provider of agenda-setting financial insight is looking for a motivated and meticulous Production Editor to join our crack team of editors and columnists in Europe.
Over the past two decades Breakingviews has established an unrivalled reputation for fast, clear, and insightful views on corporate finance, business strategy, markets, and policy. This is a great opportunity to operate at the forefront of online financial journalism.
About the Role
As a Production Editor at Reuters, you will:
- Oversee swift and accurate publishing in real time, help devise ways to deepen and broaden our readership, and enforce high standards of clarity and accuracy
- Work with our close-knit team to help conceive and produce our annual Predictions book, organise live events, and promote Breakingviews on social media
- Pitch ideas for Breakingviews columns
To be our Production Editor, you will likely:
- Possess exceptional organisational skills, a laser-like focus on editorial standards, and the ability to set clear priorities and enforce rigorous deadlines
- Bring enthusiasm and a willingness to explore new ideas and better ways of working
- Have experience of editing and publishing online
- Have knowledge of business and finance in Europe, the Middle East and Africa
- Have a keen proofreader’s eye, so you can police copy for style and consistency
- Have the ability to work quickly and reliably to tight deadlines
It would be helpful, but not essential if you also have:
- Familiarity with publishing systems, preferably Lynx and WordPress
- Experience of conceiving and producing e-books, podcasts and video
- Familiarity with organising data in Microsoft Excel, and turning them into graphics and charts
Please note, the deadline for applications is Wednesday 10th November 2021.
To apply, go here.