Reuters seeks Asia markets correspondent
Reuters is looking for an experienced and ambitious reporter to join our regional markets team in Tokyo. It’s a role in which you will be required to cover Japanese financial markets and also be part of an elite Asian markets team that breaks news and writes agenda-setting global markets features.
The Tokyo markets team is responsible for Reuters’ coverage of the daily activity in Asian equities, forex, bonds and emerging markets. The ideal candidate for this job will have a Rolodex of names in the investment world — bankers, traders, hedge fund managers, etc. – who can help us break news and drive insightful coverage. You will be instrumental in thinking up sharp angles on the stories that make regular appearances on the front of our screens, be it a daily global markets wrap or a deep cross-border feature. You will be as comfortable writing about fund flows as about the people making those investment decisions, and be able to pitch those ideas coherently to editors.
You will be an experienced reporter, able to work closely with others on the markets and finance teams, both in Asia and internationally, who generate high-value content including analyses, insights, special reports and graphics-led stories You will bring an understanding of Asia’s complex emerging markets, Japan’s distinctive institutions and China’s growing clout, as well as a can-do attitude toward bolstering our coverage of markets. We need a real team player who will share his/her resources and collaborate on stories and other news of interest to our global client base of financial professionals and media subscribers.
- At least five years of experience covering or leading the coverage of financial markets or institutions
- Deep knowledge of equity, forex and bond markets and the ability to write coherently about them
- Demonstrated experience in the use of graphics and digital media
- Proven ability to develop sources and breaking news
- Established contacts in Asian banking and investment circles
- Ability to report in Japanese
- A track record of working collaboratively with editors and reporters in different locations
To apply, go here.