Recode seeks reporter to cover artificial intelligence and Google
Recode covers the intersection of business and tech with authority. From breaking news and expert analysis to ground-breaking interviews at our signature Code conferences, we are the most influential brand in tech business news.
Recode is looking for an San Francisco-based staff reporter to cover artificial intelligence (AI), Google, and Alphabet.
Your job will be to focus on Google (search, advertising, apps, hardware, YouTube, Android, Play, etc.) and its other Alphabet projects (including X, Fiber, Waymo, Nest, etc.), and to produce news articles, features, profiles, analysis, charts, and other forms of journalism.
You’ll also cover the rise and growth of AI, especially as it affects Alphabet and Google’s products and business, and topics like voice interfaces.
- At least some journalism experience.
- The ability to deliver clean, accurate copy on deadline.
- An interest in obsessively covering Google, Alphabet, and the rise of artificial intelligence.
- Attention to detail in reporting, analysis, and writing.
- The ability to work mostly independently, with support and input from editors and colleagues.
- A creative, collaborative spirit, comfort trying new ideas, knowing some won’t work.
- The ability to work from our San Francisco office most days.
- Some evening and weekend work.
Bonus points for specific experience covering Google or the technology industry, or coding experience.
To apply, please submit a resume, cover letter, samples of your work, and a link to an online presence — blog, podcast, Twitter stream, etc. — that you’re proud of.
To apply, go here.