Recode covers the intersection of business and tech with authority. From breaking news and expert analysis to ground-breaking interviews at our signature Code conferences, we are the most influential brand in tech business news.
Recode is looking for a full-time Associate Engagement Editor, based in Vox Media’s New York, NY office. This position will report to Recode’s Engagement Editor.
What you’ll do:
The Associate Engagement Editor will help create, produce, and manage Recode’s presence on social media and other platforms; collaborate with reporters and editors on story headlines, packaging, and distribution; and help serve as the voice of Recode on a daily basis, creating original written and visual content.
Working with our Engagement Editor, you’ll help measure and analyze our success, so we’re delighting our existing audiences while also building a larger community in a handful of settings, including the web, social media, email newsletters, video, live events, and podcasts.
You’ll also serve as our morning production gatekeeper, ensuring that content is clean and ready for the world.
What you’ll bring:
We’re looking for someone who’s obsessed with the news, who’s creative while possessing extreme attention to detail, and who loves the idea of spending a bunch of the day on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, and Snapchat, helping Recode break through the noise.
- At least 2-4 years in journalism, social media management, marketing, or communications.
- The ability to write clean copy and edit to Recode’s style guide.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Proven ability to work mostly independently, with support and input from editors and colleagues.
- A creative, collaborative spirit, comfort trying new ideas, knowing some won’t work.
- The ability to work from our New York office most days.
- Some evening and weekend work, and some travel.
Bonus points for:
- Experience in the tech industry, photography, graphic design, traffic analytics, and/or video creation.
To apply, please submit a resume, cover letter, samples of your work, and a link to an online presence — blog, podcast, Twitter stream, etc. — that you’re proud of.
To apply, go here.