Protocol seeks junior reporter/newsletter producer
Protocol is hiring a junior reporter/newsletter producer to work on our daily newsletter, Source Code, as well as the breaking news section of our website.
The ideal candidate is an enthusiastic all-rounder who can write short news items, help our newsletter team write fantastic stories, and do production work on newsletters in our CMS and in MailChimp. You’ll have an eye for detail in reporting, writing and digital formatting, experience with HTML, and pride in your ability to write clean copy to tight deadlines. Oh, and you’ll be fascinated by tech.
What you’ll do:
- Write short items for newsletters and breaking news items for our website
- Help newsletter reporters with research and reporting
- Ensure newsletters are properly formatted and schedule their publication
- Collaborate with editors in San Francisco, New York and London
What you’ll need:
- Experience producing journalism on tight deadlines at either the collegiate or professional level
- Confidence writing short, snappy news copy
- A hunger for helping us chase down news stories
- Familiarity with HTML and MailChimp
- A passion for tech and smart journalism
Location: We prefer candidates in or around San Francisco, New York City or Washington, but we are open to candidates anywhere within the United States.
Apply: To apply, send a cover letter and resume, with Reporter/Producer in the subject line, to email@example.com