Politico is looking for a creative and motivated journalist to grow its audience, push innovation and make its journalism shine off-platform.
This job requires a strong newsroom background and a talent for finding unique and captivating ways to tell a story and engage niche audiences.
- Develop and launch engagement and off-platform projects to build community, grow audience and create an accessible newsroom informed by readers
- Create social, engagement and distribution plans around enterprise projects and other top editorial priorities
- Craft multi-platform coverage plans for major political events, including producing live, on-the-ground social storytelling
- Analyze metrics, competitive performance and industry trends to help guide off-platform evolution
- Train and work with reporters and editors across the newsroom on best practices for social storytelling and engagement strategy
- At least three years of newsroom experience in social, engagement strategy or audience development (preference given to political journalism shops)
- Impeccable news judgment and attention to detail and creativity skills
- A collaborative attitude
- Ability to digest off-platform metrics and deliver recommendations to shape strategy and editing experience is a plus, but not required