Politico seeks a deputy energy editor
Politico is seeking a deputy editor to help lead its energy team, an award-winning group of journalists covering the policies and politics of the energy industry, the environment and sustainability. We’re looking for someone with a track record of delivering scoops about Congress and the executive branch on climate change, fossil fuels, renewable energy, water, conservation and more. The deputy editor will work closely with the energy editor and a talented team of reporters to set coverage priorities, edit stories for all Politico platforms and develop new strategies to deliver content to an audience of Washington’s top policy makers and power players.
This position offers the opportunity to deliver hard-hitting accountability journalism on the policy and politics of one of the top priorities of the incoming administration. From breaking news to deep-dive investigative stories, the job will provide a range of challenges and opportunities for the right person to shine.
What we’re looking for:
- Expert knowledge of the legislative process, Congressional committees and regulators that produce energy laws and rules
- Experience covering energy issues from oil, natural gas and coal to solar, wind and nuclear power, along with the politics of climate change
- A big thinker with a deft editing hand who can conceptualize and execute high-impact stories that pop with a wide range of audiences
- Experience working collaboratively and creatively with a motivated team of high-metabolism reporters
- Commitment to digging deep to deliver fair, non-partisan journalism
We are driven by our values. We are relentless contributors, disruptors, collaborators, and talent cultivators. Our culture is defined by grit, total integrity, and a prioritization on innovation.
We value our people. We offer a competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits package, including health and wellness benefits, commuter benefits, retirement plans, as well as work-life balance flexibility and opportunities for career development.
To apply, go here.