Pensions & Investments seeks news editor
Pensions & Investments – the international newspaper of money management – seeks a news editor to work as part of a four-person desk.
Every other Monday, Pensions & Investments delivers critical financial news to executives responsible for the investment of large institutional assets such as pension funds, endowments and foundations. It reaches top corporate executives and government leaders, pension fund managers, investment advisers, consultants, and financial institutions. It is the world’s leading newspaper for institutional investing.
• This is a leadership role that will involve working with reporters and other editors to develop strong, analytic ideas for stories and projects.
• Primary responsibility is for assigning and editing on a daily newsletter. Role also includes assigning and editing for online news site and biweekly newspaper.
• Will work closely with reporters to develop sources and story ideas; providing guidance and direction on stories, as well as plugging holes and checking facts.
• Duties include editing financial news copy for accuracy, style, completeness and readability.
• Also will do some page makeup, including writing headlines and some pagination.
• Several years of news reporting and editing required, daily experience preferred.
• Business/financial journalism background and experience highly desirable.
• Excellent knowledge of AP style a must
• Layout and online production experience preferred.
• Search engine optimization and social media experience a plus
• Familiarity with general content management systems
• Must be able to quickly learn subject matter
• Bachelor’s degree
To apply for a position please visit our website at www.crain.com and search under the employment section.