Pensions & Investments, Crain Communications’ international newspaper of money management, is seeking a reporter to join our team.
This journalist will report and produce editorial content for P&I print and digital publications about some of the largest money managers and investors in the world, including BlackRock and PIMCO. Such content includes, but is not limited to, breaking news articles, news analysis, news features and enterprise reporting, along with some video and social media posts.
We offer a creative and exciting workplace that values innovation and prioritizes in-depth, analytical reporting and narrative writing. The position will give the successful candidates an opportunity to break stories in the hotly competitive institutional investing space and serve our core audience of industry professionals.
This job will also include the chance to cover the investors (corporate and public pension funds, endowments, foundations and more) in a specific geographic region of the U.S.
This role will work a hybrid schedule from our Midtown NYC office.
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism or related field
- A minimum of two years of reporting experience
- Experience covering stories that dig deep into trends affecting institutional investing in the U.S.
- Must be highly motivated and committed to breaking news and scoops
- Ability to meet deadlines and file clean, concise and comprehensive copy on complex subjects with a high degree of accuracy, balance and relatability
- Must be comfortable working in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment, juggling several stories at once, and must be curious and able to generate enterprise feature ideas
- Must have attention to detail, industry knowledge and the ability to interpret data for trend stories
- Web publishing, multimedia and social media experience
This position is exempt under the Fair Labor Standards Act and is not eligible for overtime pay.
Pay Transparency Disclosure:
The estimated salary range for this position is $60,000 to $90,000.
To apply, go here.