The Pennsylvania Business Central, the region’s premier B2B publication, seeks a thoughtful, energetic and creative Business News Editor to join our staff in State College, PA. The News Editor reports directly to the publisher and is the editorial leader, responsible for overseeing and driving an effective flow of content from conception to execution across print, online and social media platforms. Our ideal candidate is a business-minded professional and hands-on manager who can participate in all aspects of publishing- copy editor, page designer, editorial writer, writing coach, reporter- and will have excellent organizational, research, proofing/editing, and writing skills.
The best candidate for the position will have a passion for business journalism, a keen news judgment and a strong understanding of online content including social media and will be able to conduct in-depth research into a variety of industries including energy, banking and financial, law, healthcare, and manufacturing. Candidates will be responsible for maintaining a relationship with business leaders and community resources throughout Pennsylvania. Attendance at networking events, as a reporter as well as a representative of PA Business Central, is required.
The primary responsibilities of the successful candidate will be editing, proofing and tagging stories for posting online; organizing, compiling and scheduling e-newsletters; organizing the print process; working with a part-time assistant, stringers, and interns on various editorial projects; and engaging the audience in social media channels. Other editorial responsibilities include leading in the production of our bi-monthly publications, Women in Business and The Marcellus Business Central, as well as our seasonal chamber newsletter, CBICC Centre Connection.
- Bachelor’s Degree in communications, English, or related field required.
- 2+ years editing/writing experience; AP Style preferred
- Solid verbal, editing, and written communication skills
- Excellent decision-making and organizational skills with proven success in managing multiple deadlines
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment and learn new topics quickly
- Well-versed in current web trends and concepts including social media
- Passion for B2B is preferred
- Self-starter and willing to take on increasing levels of responsibility
- Willingness to learn Sample Media’s content management system, including page layout for print and online publications, and creative and journalistic use of art, photography, and infographics.
We offer a competitive salary and full benefits package including medical, dental, vision, 401(k) and flexible vacations. This position also offers tremendous opportunity for growth in our network of 70+ publications throughout six states.
If interested, please e-mail a cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
For more information about us, please visit or www.samplemediagroup.com