Gastro Obscura is looking for stories for an upcoming summer series!
Tentatively titled “Moveable Feasts,” the series will focus on extraordinary stories of food on-the-go, from road trip cuisine to historic nomad recipes to the unique meals that fuel the world’s intrepid explorers.
Deadline: 5 June 2022
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Atlas Obscura’s food section, Gastro Obscura, is devoted to wonder and curiosity. It features wondrous foods to explore and enjoy and publishes stories about the most awe-inspiring parts of the food world
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
If it helps as you develop your pitches, here are some previously published stories that would fit this theme:
- How ‘Shoebox Lunches’ Made Black Travel Possible During Jim Crow
- Make the Ancient Road Snack of Central Asian Nomads
- The Exquisite Boxed Meals of Japan’s Train-Station Kiosks
WHAT TO INCLUDE IN SUBMISSION
- Write a short introduction about yourself
- Include a paragraph highlighting your writing experience, relevant credentials and publication credits
- Attach links to your strongest work or portfolio, and online profile.
- $100+ per article
For more information, visit their website.
Before applying, review submission guidelines. Email all questions and submissions to Sam O’Brien, Senior Editor at Gastro Obscura, at: pitches@