Oklahoma City daily seeks energy reporter
The Oklahoman is an award-winning multimedia company dedicated to our dynamic, growing community. We produce a daily newspaper (The Oklahoman) with local, state, national and international coverage. We also host the biggest news website in the state of Oklahoma (NewsOK.com).
We are seeking an energy reporter to join our business news team. Our energy reporters cover the largest sector of our state’s economy, including issues such as earthquakes, water recycling, technology, and legislation. The ideal candidate has strong writing, reporting, social media and technology skills. The right person also has an ability to produce everything from quick turnaround corporate earnings stories for our website, to long-form pieces for our newspaper. The ability and willingness to work with multimedia, including video, podcasts and social media is vital.
While much of the reporter’s time will be devoted to covering energy, our business reporters occasionally cover stories outside their beats, offering an opportunity to write about other topics.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Journalism (or equivalent experience)
- Must have a minimum of five years of experience and a demonstrated track record of producing quality journalism
- Must be able to work with multi-media (video, podcasts, and social media)
- A self-starter with a demonstrated ability to come up with and execute compelling story ideas, scour public records, conduct quality interviews.
- Business coverage experience is preferred; experience covering the energy sector would be ideal
To apply, go here.